2009 Meeting of the American Oystercatcher Working Group
The ninth annual meeting of the American Oystercatcher Working group was held 9-10 November 2009 in Oyster, Virginia and was hosted by Alex Wilke and Barry Truitt of The Nature Conservancy.
2009 American Oystercatcher Working Group Photo – Oyster, Virginia.
Back Row (left to right): Dave Allen, Adam Duerr, Brad Winn, Kris Fair, Jon Altman, Stephen Brown, Shiloh Schulte, Beth Wright.
Middle Row (left to right): Matt Boarman, Matt Bailey, Todd Pover, Kate Iaquinto, Ruth Boettcher, Barry Truitt, Jess Schulz, Brad Andres, Carissa Smith.
Front Row (left to right): Pam Denmon, Alex Wilke, John Weske, Felicia Sanders, Jessica Stocking, Becky Harris, Nicole Dewberry, Tracy Borneman.
Attendees missing from photo: Joelle Buffa, Amanda Daisey, Ilene Eberly, Tony Geiger, Walker Golder, Susan Heath, Jen Hilburn, Ellen Jedrey, Lila Joa, Jim Lyons, Sidney Maddock, Doug Mcgee, Charlie Muise, Sue Rice, Eva Savage, Ted Simons, Nuray Taygan, and Tom Virzi.
- Alexandra Wilke, Barry Truitt (The Nature Conservancy – VA Coast Reserve) Ruth Boettcher, Carissa Smith (VA Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries), Pam Denmon, Amanda Daisey, Eva Savage, and Joelle Buffa (US Fish and Wildlife Service)
American Oystercatcher monitoring in Virginia: 2009 update
- Ruth Boettcher (VA dept of Game and Inland Fisheries)
Breeding status of American Oystercatchers in VA…the rest of the story (more or less)
- Shiloh Schulte, Ted Simons (North Carolina State University), and The American Oystercatcher Working Group
Analysis of the Cooperative Mark-recapture database: Outputs, limitations, and potential
- Shiloh Schulte (Manomet CFCS)
American Oystercatcher Recovery Campaign – Coordinator position
- Felicia Sanders (SC Dept of Natural Resources)
South Carolina American Oystercatchers
- Jon Altman (NPS – Cape Lookout National Seashore)
American Oystercatcher 2009
- Ellen Jedrey and Becky Harris (Massachusetts Audubon)
2009 American Oystercatcher Field Season Summary
- Doug McGee (NPS – Cape Hatteras National Seashore)
American Oystercatcher Monitoring on Cape Hatteras National Seashore
- Tom Virzi (Rutgers University)
New Jersey Oystercatcher update 2009